Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer is coming to an end

It is September 4 and summer is coming to an end. It sure doesn't feel like it in Arizona...maybe because we have a heat advisory for the day??? Its suppose to hit 109 today. WOW...maybe summer is not coming to an end?? Gotta love AZ!!!

We have had a busy summer. The end of June we went back home to Michigan to see our family and friends. We always enjoy our time in Michigan. We try to get in as many of our Michigan favorites as possible. In between the fun times Ronnie helped his parents reblack top their drive way. I tried to hang out with our family as much as possible. I got to spend time a day watching my niece Lanessa. I gotta say that taking care of kids can wear you out! I was very ready for a nap after that day. hehehe :-) We visited a bit with my other niece and nephew but we didn't get to spend nearly enough time with them. :-( We also went to my class reunion. Now you may be wondering which one...I only admit to it being my 15 year. I know if I said my 10 year no one would believe me! Its all good!

My work BFF stayed at our house during our Michigan visit. It worked out perfectly that she was going to be homeless for a couple of weeks and needed a please to stay. She is real dog lover so I knew things would be fine at Casita Gentz while she was here! Then she stayed with us for 1 more week before she moved to Colorado to open up a new Impressions Dental. We sure miss her at my office but now she is close to family again which will be very helpful once baby "chainsaw" arrives. Yep, you got...that's the baby's nickname!

During August we had to sets of visitors. First my brother in law Jim and his wife Mindy came to town for a long weekend. It was actually the first time that we all hung out together with out other family around. We were really looked forward to their visit. I gotta say we weren't disappointed! They are really a great couple and we enjoyed our family bonding time!
The second set of visitors were my inlaws, Ron and Julie. They love to come out here during the summer and just relax by the pool, go antiquing, and hit the swap meets(flea markets for the east coasters). Not really sure why they call them swap meets but if you say flea market out here people give you a strange look. As always we had fun and of course I made a few shopping purchases!

Well that seems to sum up the summer! As always..I will try to update more often but I can't make any promises!

Thanks for reading!
XOXO

No comments:

OUR WEDDING DAY

OUR WEDDING DAY
DECEMBER 15, 2006

The Ceremony

The Ceremony
was on a small platform in front of a beautiful waterfall.