Friday, June 4, 2010

Well now its June 2010 and my last real blog was September 2009. I'm not really going to update you on everything that has been happening since then but here are some of the highlights.

Halloween and Christmas are always busy months for us. Most of you know that we love to decorate! We have a local decorating contest for both holidays. Ron likes to decorate for Halloween and I love Christmas. Of course we went all out again last year! We came in 2ND place for Halloween which we really thought we should of gotten 1st when we checkout out the competition. Oh well...that gave us something to strive for during the next Halloween season! We didn't place in the top 5 for the Christmas contest. The winners actually sat outside dressed as Mr and Mrs Claus. They let the kiddies come up, sit on their laps and give them their Christmas lists'. Sorry but even in December it can be in the 80's and I just cant see myself dressing up as Mrs Claus. I may get desperate for a win in a few years but as for now I'm happy with the crazy light show we put on!

We didn't make it back to our home town this past winter, which is a first for us. We try to get back to see a little snow for a few days but not necessarily over the holiday since Ron normally works on those days. Instead of us going to Michigan we had a great visit with my grandma who came to stay with us for 2 weeks in November. Then in January my mom, sister Heidi and the cutest 2 yr old ever Lanessa came to visit us for a week. We love when family and friends come to visit so make your reservation early at the Casita Gentz!

For spring break this year we went to Cozumel with a group of friends and family from Michigan. We went on a SB trip with the same group a few years ago and had a blast. When it was mentioned to us again about going with them we knew we couldn't pass it up. I gotta say that the water in Cozumel was amazing. Yeah we have been to beaches in Mexico, Hawaii, California, Florida and of course Michigan but the blue-green of the water in Cozumel is just breath taking. One of the highlight's of the trip was a crazy jeep tour of the local cantina's around the island....way fun!!! Check out Facebook for the pictures. 8-)

May is always a good month for me. YEAH...its my Birthday month! I like to celebrate 7 days of Betsie's birthday. I know I'm a little bit spoiled but since Ronnie made me this way he is always a good sport and makes my 7 days fabulous! He completely out did himself this year. I just gotta brag cuz I honestly feel like I've got the best husband in the world! But isn't that the way marriage should be? Ok...here's the story about my 7 days. Each day starting a week before my "day" I get little gifts or surprises to make me the happiest girl alive...hehehe. This year though Ron said to me "I hope your not upset but your not going to get as many gifts as you usually get" I think to myself...hummm....I guess thats ok...who am I to complain. He then says " you may be upset about this in the beginning but in the end your really going to be happy". Ok so now I'm thinking he's getting me a treadmill! I hate the idea but a little exercise wont hurt...that's for sure! I get little gifts each day like a couple of paperbacks, a couple of cute little dog books with bulldogs in them, he made me a couple of great dinners, surprised me and showed up at my office for lunch one day. Now he didn't have the whole 7 days off of work but still left me a couple of surprises here and there. Well the day he is to return home from work is the day before my birthday, he tells me to pack and over night bag. He said to make sure I pack my swim suit and to shave my legs. hehehe...(I really hate to shave but don't think I go all native or anything. I'm lucky that my hair grows slowly, so I can get a way with a 1 or 2 x per week of shaving. Is that TMI??...o'well...if your reading my blog you must be a friend.) He tells me to meet him at the airport. He wouldn't tell me if we are flying somewhere or driving till I actually meet him at the airport. Well we ended up driving to a resort in Scottsdale. OMG!!! It was so beautiful! The resort had a lazy river and a swim up bar too!! yahoo!!! We spent a few hours floating around the river and drinking the most amazing pinacolada's. Then we had an evening couples massage (this is why he told me to shave b/c he knows I always do before a massage cuz that would be kinda embarrassing to have prickly legs...I'm thinking those of you with dirty minds where thinking he wanted me to shave for other reasons??!!! I'll never tell!!!) This was the first time Ron has ever had a massage and he loved it. That night we ate the resorts' Steakhouse and he gave me by gift...which was the newest watch in the Michele collection. Thanks Dawn for helping him pick it out! I love it :-) At dinner there were some prom goers sitting near us.The guy was trying to be such a gentleman and all romantic. It was so cute and brought back some awesome memories of our proms together.

Thinking about proms...my 20 year class reunion is coming up this summer. I can hardly believe it has been that long. I don't necessarily feel like I'm old but I do remember when I thought 38 was way over the hill!

In my closing I will leave you with these words of wisdom....remember that age is just a number and that the age you may be is not necessarily the age you have to feel! Hope everyone enjoyed my post. XOXO

4 comments:

Mommy said...

SO FUN reading about your happenings...I love reading my friends blogs... YOU DO have the BEST husband! That's awesome! You deserve it all :) HUGS!

mandy said...

Awe!!! What a great man!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful past few months!!! And a very happy birthday!

Erin Cookmeyer said...

I loved reading your post!

Shay said...

LOVE THIS! So cute, Bets~! And you know I cant make fun of you for the shaving thing;-) You are indeed super spoiled but you work hard to you deserve it!

OUR WEDDING DAY

OUR WEDDING DAY
DECEMBER 15, 2006

The Ceremony

The Ceremony
was on a small platform in front of a beautiful waterfall.